Thursday, June 18, 2009

Truth


As I write this, it's about 6am in the morning and I am feeling a bit sleepy, so perhaps I am a bit delusional or maybe I am just having a little moment of clarity.

The word "truth" conjures up particular thoughts in my mind as it probably does in yours. Truth is a tricky concept sometimes. Is it telling an event exactly as it happened? Which can make telling a story less exciting. Is it answering certain questions that your spouse asks with 100% honesty. Questions like, "How do I look in this shirt?"

While these are truth related questions and also very interesting, the "truth" that I have in my mind this morning goes a bit deeper than that.

I am curious about my personal truth.

I wonder if I stay true to myself in the events I have engaged in the past and am going to engage in the future.

I wonder if my daily habits coincide with what I believe to be my true path for the rest of my life.

These two questions are interesting.

In my mind, I know what I believe in. I know what I want to do and I know the journey I want the path of my life to take me on.

The question then is if I know these two very real life altering scenarios, do I stay true to my life's ambition in my daily actions?

Is every action that I take in direct correspondence to what I desire to achieve?

Do I get further away from achieving what I believe to be my truth with each passing day because I engage in the wrong activities?

Do I spend more time each day on things that are not as productive as what something else might be?

I wonder if I am honest with myself each day about what I actually accomplished in accordance with my truth.

I wonder if other people have defined their own personal truth.

What about you?

Curt Fletcher aka The Likeability Guy, is a Real Estate Professional, Business Development Strategist, Published Author of the book, "How To Sell More Homes and Increase Your Income," Sales Trainer, and Professional Speaker that focuses on improving your Likeability to increase your Opportunities for Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment