Thursday, May 21, 2009

What do you REALLY want?



I was talking to an old friend the other day. He is going through a bit of a tough stretch at his current job. In talking to him, he seems somewhat torn about what to do next.

He talked about changing companies, but doing the same job (this didn't seem to illicit much enjoyment) and he talked about grinding it out at his current company (also didn't illicit much joy).

I asked about what else he had an interest in doing since neither of his current options seemed all that appealing to him. After talking for a little while longer, he seemed resigned to making a choice about one of these two very non-appealing options.

To be honest, I was disappointed.

I wanted to help. I was really looking for just a small opening of passion in another area that I could try and motivate him to do, but I couldn't find it.

I wonder if it is from years of being beaten down by the trials of life. Maybe it is from not understanding how completely capable he is to be successful at something else. Or perhaps it is just that he has come to a point in his life where he is more secure in being content as opposed to being driven by passion.

I can't help but hope that never happens to me. I can't imagine living my life ever feeling resigned to the fact that I can't control my own path. I don't want to think about ever not feeling that passion about doing something new and making it a success.

  • What do you want?
  • What do you REALLY want?
  • What are you doing today?
  • Is what your doing today getting you ANY closer to doing what you REALLY want?
  • Why Not?
Curt Fletcher aka The Likeability Guy, is a Real Estate Professional, Business Development Strategist, Published Author of the book, "How To Sell More Homes and Increase Your Income," Sales Trainer, and Professional Speaker that focuses on improving your Likeability to increase your Opportunities for Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment